[Trilinos-Users] Segmentation fault when executing "new MutliLevelPreconditioner"

Xiaoning Shen flyingflysxn at gmail.com
Wed May 21 20:11:12 MDT 2008

Hi,

I am now learning to use ML packages as preconditioner to solve large linear
system. I tried to modify ml_preconditioner.cpp to reach this task. But
after passing the compilation, I confronted a "segmentation fault" when
executing "ML_Epetra::MultiLevelPreconditioner * MLPrec = new
ML::Epetra::MultilevelPreconditioner(*A, MLList)"

The brief idea of my code is to read a matrix market file into the program,
and solve it with RHS of several 1.0.

Compilation command is :
g++-4.2.2 -DHAVE_ML_EPETRA -DHAVE_ML_TEUCHOS -DHAVE_ML_AZTECOO -DHAVE_AMESOS
-o run.o -g run.cpp -laztecoo -lml -lmetis -lamesos -lepetra -lepetraext
-ltriutils -lifpack -lteuchos -lm -llapack -lblas -I/path/to/metis-4.0/Lib
-I/path/to/metis-4.0 -L/path/to/metis-4.0/Lib -L/path/to/metis-4.0 -L/lib
-L/usr/lib

You can visit http://stephen.shenxiaoning.googlepages.com/downloadpage, if
you are interested in it,  to see the original code and the executable
program.

--
Shen Xiaoning
Department of Mechanics and Aerospace Engineering

Homepage: http://stephen.shenxiaoning.googlepages.com/