[Trilinos-Users] How many times can one call globalAssemble() for a Epetra_FECrs_Matrix ?

Davood Ansari david.ansari at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 21:32:13 MDT 2008

Hi everyone

Do you think any thing is wrong with the following procedure?

I am using Epetra_FECrs_Matrix.
In one part of my code I a generate the precise graph of the matrix.
Then I assemble the matrix from individual FE matrices.
And after that I call the globalAssemble() method.
Then I impose boundary conditions to the already assembled global matrix
(this means some already existing entries are modified).
Then I call globalAssemble again.

The point is, this time the required  modifications do not  take effect for
off-process entries.
Please comment

Davood