[Trilinos-Users] Model-fitting applications in trilinos

Bartlett, Roscoe A rabartl at sandia.gov
Mon Jan 28 13:35:27 MST 2008

Ali,

Depending on what you need there are a few possibilities.  Without
knowing the details, I would recommend that you first look at a related
project called Dakota which as parameter estimation and least-squares
fitting methods.  You can find more information at:

    http://www.cs.sandia.gov/DAKOTA/software.html

If you only need to fit a smaller number of parameters, I would
definitely look at Dakota first.  Fitting a large number of parameters
(i.e. 1e+3 and up) is a lot of work to set up and requires some serious
optimization algorithms.

Cheers,

Ross