[Trilinos-Users] ML, Maxwell's eq., higher order

Jonathan Hu jhu at sandia.gov
Fri May 11 12:40:50 MDT 2007

Dear Delia,

     The preconditioner in ML for Maxwell's equations is intended for
1st order edge element discretizations.   It can (and has) been used in
the context of a block preconditioner for higher order
discretizations.   In particular, Peter Arbenz and his collaborators
have used ML to precondition the portion of the linear system
corresponding to the first order elements, and a lighter weight
preconditioner for the higher order part.   Some of the details are in
this report:  http://www.inf.ethz.ch/~arbenz/para04.pdf.  Please let me
know if this of help to you.

Regards,
Jonathan