[Trilinos-Users] --enable-opt enough?

David Neckels dneckels at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 26 13:51:49 MST 2007

Hi,

I was just wondering if adding '--enable-opt' on the configure line is
enough to get the (reasonably) best performance from epetra, aztecoo,
ml, etc..?  I just noticed that the debugger sometimes still lands in
Trilinos routines and wasn't sure if I had a truly optimized build.

--Or should I add compiler flags to 'CXXFLAGS', etc...?  I'm not
interested in platform specific optimizations, but just wanted to
verify I am not getting sub-optimal performance with '--enable-opt'
alone...

-David Neckels