[Trilinos-Users] Epetra Matrices for ML from MetisPartitioned Matrices

Williams, Alan B william at sandia.gov
Mon May 15 16:18:52 MDT 2006

The Epetra_FECrsMatrix is intended to handle the scenario where
finite-element data (e.g. element-stiffness submatrices) is assembled
into the matrix object, a submatrix at a time, without worrying about
whether a given element is connected to boundary nodes or not.
After data assembly is complete, the method 'globalAssemble()' is
called, and that method moves shared data onto owning processors (owning
processors determined by the non-overlapping Epetra_Map that was passed
to the matrix constructor).

Alan