[Trilinos-Users] Epetra Matrices for ML from Metis Partitioned Matrices

Marzio Sala marzio.sala at gmail.com
Sun May 14 12:42:10 MDT 2006

Hi Greg,

the ML preconditioning class works with Epetra_RowMatrix derived objects. It
requires that each row is *entirely* owned by exactly one processor. If you
can reproduce this situation, it is quite easy to wrap your distributed
matrix format as an Epetra_RowMatrix, then call ML. The ML user's guide
describes how local and global indices are managed by ML.

If you partition the grid elements, then probably you first need to "unify"
the rows corresponding to boundary nodes, then call ML. Classes like
Epetra_FECrsMatrix can make this step easy.

-Marzio