[Trilinos-Users] Teuchos_MPIReduction

Bill Spotz wfspotz at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 15 10:04:50 MST 2006

On Mar 15, 2006, at 7:16 AM, Marco Morandini wrote:

> Question: is the automatic test configured --with-gnumake?

Our nightly test harness runs are configured with --with-gnumake.

> If yes, what happens if you try to build without that configure
> option?

I also see the seg fault problem with the nox wrappers when I
configure without it.

> Perhaps my link problems were due to the fact that I was not
> using that configure option. See below.

I'll assume so unless we hear from you again.

> If you usually configure --with-gnumake, and you can confirm
> that something is broken without that option, what about
> checking for gnumake at configure time and aborting
> if it is not found?

The problem is that configure can confirm that gnu make is present
but cannot cannot control which version of make the user runs.

** Bill Spotz                                              **
** Sandia National Laboratories  Voice: (505)845-0170      **
** P.O. Box 5800                 Fax:   (505)284-5451      **
** Albuquerque, NM 87185-0316    Email: wfspotz at sandia.gov **