[Trilinos-Users] Teuchos_MPIReduction

hkthorn hkthorn at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 1 09:16:29 MST 2006

Hi Marco,

I've given the problem a second thought and here are some ideas on what may
be happening.

1)  If you are compiling against an installed version of Trilinos, did you
include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H on the compile line?  This preprocessing flag is
essential for the Teuchos_ConfigDefs.hpp file to know that Trilinos was
autoconf'd and include the Teuchos_config.h file.

2)  Did you configure Trilinos with --enable-mpi, or anything that would
indicate you were using mpi compilers?

If both these ideas are useless, then let me know what your set-up is:

-compilers
-computing platform
-configure line for Trilinos (./configure --enable-mpi ...)
-are you building Trilinos libraries, or building AGAINST Trilinos
libraries?
-any errors/warnings you see in the compilation

Thanks,
Heidi