[Trilinos-Users] Trilinos configuration problem

Mike Heroux maherou at sandia.gov
Thu Oct 20 10:06:33 MDT 2005

Fang,

The Trilinos-Users list is archived.  The archives are available from

There is also a lot of installation and configuration documentation
available from the main Trilinos web page:

http://software.sandia.gov/trilinos (See the left side bar, also look at the
FAQs)

Trilinos builds on these clusters quite easily once you get your configure
invocation set up correctly.
The problem you are seeing is probably related to how you are specifying
arguments to configure.  To see the "real" problem that configure is
complaining about, look in the config.log file *in the package directory
where the failure occurred*.  Look for the actual compiler command that
caused the error message.  You will see the specific problem that caused the
error.  This issue is also discussed in the FAQs.

If you continue to have problems after checking all these resources, attach
your config.log file (from the appropriate package directory) to another
message.

Mike