[Trilinos-Users] Trilinos configuration problem

Fang Liu fangliu at cs.indiana.edu
Thu Oct 20 09:34:44 MDT 2005

Hi,

I haven't seen any post regarding to configuration problem since I
registered with this mailing list, and I also cannot find any online
archives for this mailing list, so I have to bother you by sending
questions here.

I am trying to configure trinilos-6.0.2 on a linux cluster

56 (odin001:trilinos-6.0.2)> uname -a
Linux odin001 2.6.9 #4 SMP Thu Dec 16 17:10:11 EST 2004 x86_64 AMD
Opteron(tm) Processor 246 AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

But I keep in getting the error message as follow:

checking for dummy main to link with Fortran libraries... unknown
configure: error: linking to Fortran libraries from C fails

No matter what compiler I use, and I tried the following compiler
combination for C and Fortran compiler, the four 'falis' give me
the same above error message.

c/fortran       GNU     Intel        PGI
GNU         (no f90)    fails      (no need)
Intel       (no f90)    fails        fails
PGI         (no f90)   (no need)     fails

I am wondering if anyone in the group has been successfully build trilinos
on the Opteron machine. Any helps would be so appreciated.

Thanks.

- Fang (Cherry) Liu