NOTE: These intructions were updated in February 2007 for Umfpack 5. They may not be kept up-to-date. Refer to the Umfpack documentation for more recent and more complete instructions.
UMFPACK must be installed before Amesos_Umfpack can be used. Follow these steps to install UMFPACK on your system:
- Obtain the UMFPACK distribution from Tim Davis’s web site
- Untar the UMFPACK code in your Trilinos3PL directory.
- Note that UMFPACK 5 requires two additional packages: UFconfig and AMD. Download and untar all three.
- Build UMFPACK
- Edit UFconfig/UFconfig.mk
- Note:Trilinos3PL/config/UMFPACKv5 contains the UFconfig.mk files that I used.
- cd UMFPACK
- Check the results:
- Execuing “make” in the UMFPACK directory runs tests and compares results against expected results.
- Update your configure invocation script by, for example, adding the following:
- --with-libs=”/directory_path/UMFPACK/Lib/libumfpack.a “
- Note that libamd.a is no longer required as AMD is automatically included in Amesos.