[Trilinos-Users] Segmentation fault in aztecoo with the Intel MKL ilp64 library

John Jomo john.jomo at tum.de
Mon Jun 22 06:41:40 MST 2020

Hallo guys,

I am trying to get the AztecOO solvers to run with the MKL ilp64 library
in intel 2019.  I however get a segfault in the function
mkl_blas_avx2_xddot () when running my code. The same segfault also
occurs when running the tests in the AztecOO package.  I used the Intel
Link line advisor to get the optimal compiler and linker options for my
machine e.g.

linker options : -L${MKLROOT}/lib/intel64 -Wl,--no-as-needed
-lmkl_intel_ilp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -liomp5 -lpthread -lm -ldl
compiler flag: -DMKL_ILP64 -m64 -I${MKLROOT}/include

I also compiled and run the code on two different architectures
(Haswell, Skylake) and using gcc/7.3 and icpc 2019 and the segfault
still persists.

I explicity set the blas library names in my configure file for Trilinos
e.g.\

-D TPL_ENABLE_BLAS:BOOL=ON \
-D
BLAS_LIBRARY_NAMES="mkl_intel_lp64;mkl_intel_thread;iomp5;pthread;mkl_core"
\

Are there any open issues with the ilp64 library and AztecOO? Changing
to the lp64 MKL version gets rid of the segfault but slows down other
parts of my code that rely on MKL and pardiso.

Thanks for the help

John