[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Question about boolean inside Trillinos to know if a matrix is symmetric positive-definite

Rajamanickam, Sivasankaran srajama at sandia.gov
Wed Dec 18 12:48:34 MST 2019

?Jordi

  We do not have such a Boolean function.

-Siva

________________________________
From: Trilinos-Users <trilinos-users-bounces at trilinos.org> on behalf of Jordi Font I Reverter <jordi.font.i at upc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 9:54 AM
To: trilinos-users at trilinos.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Trilinos-Users] Question about boolean inside Trillinos to know if a matrix is symmetric positive-definite

Greetings.

My name is Jordi Font and I am a Ph.D. student in the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (Spain) under the supervision of Marino Arroyo. We perform numerical simulations of biological dynamics and we are currently developing a High-Performance library for Finite Element Methods. We are interested in using Amesos, Amesos2, AztecOO and Belos to solve the sparse linear systems derived from such numerical methods.

I would like to ask you if there is any boolean function inside any of these four packages (or another one provided by Trillinos) that returns if the matrix from the LHS is symmetric positive-definite or not.

Thankfully,
Jordi Font