[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Tpetra::CrsMatrix caching related to C= A^T B and D = A*C

Denis Davydov davydden at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 10:50:23 EDT 2018

Dear Chris,

> On 10 Sep 2018, at 16:36, Siefert, Christopher <csiefer at sandia.gov> wrote:
>
> Denis,
>
> If you pass in a matrix with the correct structure, for "C" it will keep the communication and sparsity patterns (and be a lot

By “correct structure” you mean sparsity pattern, right? Because the way this matrix is distributed in MPI row-wise has some degree of freedom.
So the communication pattern, essentially, depends on MPI distribution of C, in addition to sparsities and distribution of A and B.
If I understand you correctly, this will still be cached.

Are there any examples / tutorials / unit-tests in TPetra where I can check how to get the sparsity of C needed for the product without actually calling Tpetra::MatrixMatrix::Multiply()?

Regards,
Denis.