[Trilinos-Users] Conda installers for Trilinos

Spotz, William F wfspotz at sandia.gov
Tue Jul 17 16:36:20 EDT 2018

Hello Trilinos Users!

For those of you who use Anaconda, I was able over the weekend to make some significant updates to the conda installers for Trilinos. There are now 8 = 2^3 conda installers for Trilinos, via the conda-forge channel, where the three options are:

    OS: Linux or Mac OS X
    Version: 12.10 or 12.12
    MPI: mpich or openmpi

Last week was the SciPy conference in Austin, and the trailing Saturday and Sunday were code sprint days, and the Conda Forge team was very helpful in getting this full set of installers working (including fixing up some MPI issues). You can see what is available within an Anaconda environment with:

    $ conda search -c conda-forge trilinos

or simply install it using

    $ conda install -c conda-forge trilinos

This installs all Primary Tested packages except for SEACAS and STK. These could be added with a little help. The conda installers are open source at https://github.com/conda-forge/trilinos-feedstock. Anyone can submit a PR.

I had hoped to get the conda installers for PyTrilinos to work as well, but ran into some unexpected compilation errors. Once those are resolved, we should also have a similar set of PyTrilinos installers with a proper dependency on the Trilinos package.

Bill Spotz
Sandia National Laboratories
PO Box 5800 MS 1320
Albuquerque, NM 87185