[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] How to use and find examples for PyTrilinos

Spotz, William F wfspotz at sandia.gov
Mon Jan 8 16:06:00 EST 2018

Ricardo,

The best examples of how to use the PyTrilinos python module are via the scripts in the packages/PyTrilinos/example directory. The most confusing thing for someone new like yourself might be the package names and what they do. Epetra is a package that supports data structures for linear algebra. AztecOO is a linear solver package. Focus on scripts that have those package names in the script names.

Another way to dive down into the features available for each class is to use the python docstrings. For example, within python run interactively, you can do

   >>> from PyTrilinos import Epetra
   >>> help(Epetra.CrsMatrix)

or within ipython/jupyter, you can do

   In [1]: from PyTrilinos import Epetra