[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Anasazi BlockKrylovSchur solver Error in F^H M F == I

Andris Freimanis andris.freimanis_1 at rtu.lv
Thu Sep 14 09:02:33 EDT 2017

Dear, Alicia,

thank you for your response.

M is a part of a generalized eigenvalue problem A*x = lambda*M*x. Since
A is real non-hermitian I'm using Block Krylov Schur eigensolver with
shift-invert transformation as shown in
BlockKrylovSchurEpetraExGenBelos.cpp example. And block GMRES linear
solver with ILU preconditioner for the inverted part.

Linear solver parameters are:
     Block size 1
     Number of blocks 24
     Max iterations 1000 (if I understand the output correctly, only 264
were used)
     Max restarts 10
     Tolerance 1e-3
ILU preconditioner parameters were:
     Drop tolerance 1e-9
     Level-of-fill 1
     Schwartz: combine mode "Add"

Scipy's eigs function, which uses Arpack, solved this problem easily. So
most likely I have made some mistake with Trilinos solvers.

Best regards,

Andris