[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Re: direct invertion of a projected matrix (Amesos and Epetra_CrsMatrix?)

Denis Davydov davydden at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 06:32:21 EDT 2017

Dear Mike and Siva,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Problem sizes I have in mind are from few hundreds (test case with full matrices without accounting for sparsity) to
few thousands (planned actual runs with sparse matrices, roughly up to 100 non-zero elements per row).

I understand that the performance will not be ideal, yet I assume it should be comparable to what I would get
by using ScaLAPACK directly with full matrices to do LU factorization with MPI, right?
And most importantly it should be better than what I currently have:
a completely sequential matrix with its serial inverse on each MPI core using Lapack.

p.s. for this application I consider direct solvers because (i) ScaLAPACK was used by other researchers in the same context;
(ii) matrix size is still small compared to the index space of FE and I need to use the inverse of a single matrix several times
in different parts of the algorithm.

Regards,
Denis.