[Trilinos-Users] direct invertion of a projected matrix (Amesos and Epetra_CrsMatrix?)

Denis Davydov davydden at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 10:38:55 EDT 2017

Dear all,

I would like to have a MPI-parallel inversion of (eventually sparse) matrix of size N being several hundreds.
I put “sparse” in brackets, because for starters i need to consider it full. The matrix represents the
projection of a FE operator on a vector subspace. I guess something similar is probably done in
Anasazi in the context of eigensolvers.

So the main question is if I can use Epetra_CrsMatrix but for now set the sparsity to be full?
If that is possible, i suppose i should be able to use Amesos direct solvers to get LU factorization
of the matrix (say using ScaLAPACK) and then do whatever I want with it.

If there are other classes in Trilinos to do the job better, please let me know.

p.s. currently i do inversion in serial, eventually using Lapack, but this takes too much time.

Sincerely,
Denis.