[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] compute eigenvalues of an ill-conditioned matrix

Klinvex, Alicia Marie amklinv at sandia.gov
Tue Mar 14 08:37:54 EDT 2017

Hello Da,

Can you tell us more about your problem?  For instance, is your graph undirected, i.e. is your matrix symmetric?  Are you looking for the largest eigenpairs or the smallest?  How many are you computing?  How accurate do they need to be?  Are you explicitly forming the matrix whose eigenvalues are being computed?  How high is a very high condition number?

Best wishes,
Alicia