[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Can not allocate Teuchos::RCP with new

Bartlett, Roscoe A rabartl at sandia.gov
Fri Jul 28 11:17:41 EDT 2017

There is no implicit conversion from a raw pointer to a smart pointer (that would be a very bad idea).

Please use Teuchos::rcp():

    https://trilinos.org/docs/dev/packages/teuchos/doc/html/classTeuchos_1_1RCP.html#details

You might find the Teuchos::RCP beginner’s guide helpful as well:

    https://trilinos.org/docs/dev/packages/teuchos/doc/html/RefCountPtrBeginnersGuideSAND.pdf

-Ross