[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Solving linear systems on GPU

Elliott, James John jjellio at sandia.gov
Tue Jan 31 12:50:01 EST 2017

Ashesh,

Look at the 4th template parameter for Tpetra CRS Matrix and MultiVector (the node_type).

If you built with CUDA, then

  typedef double   scalar_type;
  typedef int local_ordinal_type;
  typedef int global_ordinal_type;
  // Use the CUDA execution space.
  // A 'device' as a tuple of ExecutionSpace, MemorySpace
  // Specify the ExecSpace, but leave the other out, and it will use the default memory space for that execution space (CUDA UVM)
  typedef Kokkos::Compat::KokkosDeviceWrapperNode<Kokkos::CUDA> node_type;

  // Now define your matrix, MV, etc..
  typedef Tpetra::CrsMatrix<scalar_type, local_ordinal_type, global_ordinal_type, node_type> crs_matrix_type;

The device is a Kokkos device, but wrapped by Tpetra for compatibility reasons.
https://trilinos.org/docs/dev/packages/kokkos/doc/html/structKokkos_1_1Device.html

James