[Trilinos-Users] Trilinos-Kokkos with CUDA 7.0 , issues with C++ lambdas

Ashesh Chattopadhyay ashesh6810 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 04:33:55 EST 2017

Dear All,

I know that after and including CUDA 7.5 an experimental feature to pass
lambdas from host to device was provided through the options
--expt-extended-lambda

and I can use it with -DKOKKOS_CUDA_USE_LAMBDA to compile Kokkos code with
execution space as CUDA, however, I am being forced to use CUDA 7.0
currently and I see that Kokkos can be used with CUDA 7.0 but the nvcc
compiler does not recognize the --expt-extended-lambda option and without
that I get a compiler error at the lambda. Can you please advise me as to
how I can use CUDA 7.0 to compile and run Kokkos code.

Thanks
Ashesh

--
Research Assistant, Multi-Scale Multi-Physics Computation Lab
University of Texas at El Paso