[Trilinos-Users] Problem Evaluating an Integral in Space that Involves a Time Parameter

Rush, Simon simon.rush at ttu.edu
Fri Jan 13 13:27:53 EST 2017

Hello,

       I am working on using a POD to construct a Reduced-Order Model (ROM) for the velocity and pressure of the Navier-Stokes Equations. I was trying to start with baby-steps, by running a simuation of the Taylor-Green Vortices, constructing my velocity basis from those snapshots, and then forming my time coefficients via (uExact, velocity_basis ); the velocity basis I get are orthonormal. The problem that I was running into (probably due to my lack of expertise) is that to evaluate the inner product, I was trying to use the evaluate() method of Sundance::FunctionalEvaluator, which could not seem to hand the fact that t was initialized as Expr t(new Sundance::Parameter(tInit));  I was hoping the maybe someone could point me in the right direction of how to fix my problem with this class, or the use in a different class to calculate the inner product if that is more appropriate. My thanks in advance.

Simon Rush