[Trilinos-Users] Spack xsdk installing issue

Osei-Kuffuor, Daniel oseikuffuor1 at llnl.gov
Thu Jan 12 14:30:46 EST 2017

Hello,
I tried to install xsdk using spack, and the installation fails during the trilinos build. I have tried two different compilers gcc-4.4.7 and gcc-4.9.2 and in both cases, the build fails with the same error. I have included a snippet of the spack install process below. I have also attached the trilinos build log for your convenience. Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

-Daniel

==> No patches needed for trilinos
==> Building trilinos [CMakePackage]
==> Executing phase : 'cmake'
==> Executing phase : 'build'
==> Error: ProcessError: Command exited with status 2:
    'make' '-j32'
/nfs/tmp2/osei/soft/spack/lib/spack/spack/build_systems/cmake.py:116, in build:
     113      def build(self, spec, prefix):
     114          """The usual `make` after cmake"""
     115          with working_dir(self.build_directory()):
  >> 116              inspect.getmodule(self).make()

See build log for details:
  /tmp/osei/spack-stage/spack-stage-AtlyJl/Trilinos/spack-build.out

Daniel Osei-Kuffuor

Center for Applied Scientific Computing

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Livermore, CA 94550