[Trilinos-Users] Build of NOX library stops with errors

Niklas nfarnsworth at web.de
Thu Jan 12 08:00:52 EST 2017

Hello,
We would like to build the Nox library. Therefore we generated a tarball for the NOX source code to reduce the source to a minimum.
We used this CMake call for this:

cmake \
     -G "MSYS Makefiles" \
                 -DGIT_EXEC:FILEPATH="path to git" \
                 -DBLAS_LIBRARY_DIRS="path to blas library" \
                 -DLAPACK_LIBRARY_DIRS="path to lapack library" \
                 -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON \
                 -DTrilinos_ENABLE_ALL_PACKAGES=OFF \
                 -DTrilinos_ENABLE_TESTS=OFF \
                 -DTrilinos_ENABLE_NOX:BOOL=ON \
                 -DTrilinos_ENABLE_NOX_LAPACK:BOOL=ON \
                 -D Trilinos_ENABLE_CPACK_PACKAGING=ON \
                 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:STRING= Trilinos_install \
                 ../trilinos
make package_source

After we generated the tarball for the nox source code, we called the build command with the following settings:

cmake \
     -G "MSYS Makefiles" \
                 -DGIT_EXEC:FILEPATH=" path to git " \
                 -DBLAS_LIBRARY_DIRS=" path to blas library " \
                 -DLAPACK_LIBRARY_DIRS=" path to lapack library " \
                 -DTrilinos_ENABLE_ALL_PACKAGES=OFF \
                 -DTrilinos_ENABLE_TESTS=OFF \
                 -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON \
                 -DTrilinos_ENABLE_NOX:BOOL=ON \
                 -DTrilinos_ENABLE_NOX_LAPACK:BOOL=ON \
                 -DTrilinos_ASSERT_MISSING_PACKAGES=OFF \
                 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:STRING= Trilinos_install \
                 ./trilinos-12.11-serial-12.11-Source
make install

Unfortunately we get some build errors we cannot fix

Configuring individual enabled Trilinos packages ...

Processing enabled package: Kokkos (Core, Containers)
Processing enabled package: Teuchos (Core, ParameterList, Comm, Numerics, Remainder, KokkosCompat, KokkosComm)
-- C++ compiler supports __attribute__((constructor)) syntax
-- C++ compiler supports __attribute__((weak)) syntax and testing weak functions
-- C++ compiler does NOT support #pragma weak syntax and testing weak functions
Processing enabled package: RTOp (Libs)
Processing enabled package: Epetra (Libs)
Processing enabled package: Triutils (Libs)
Processing enabled package: EpetraExt (Libs)
Processing enabled package: Thyra (Core, EpetraAdapters, EpetraExtAdapters, TpetraAdapters)
Processing enabled package: Xpetra (Libs)
CMake Error at cmake/tribits/core/utils/AssertDefined.cmake:79 (MESSAGE):
 Error, the variable Xpetra_ENABLE_Tpetra is not defined!
Call Stack (most recent call first):
 packages/xpetra/CMakeLists.txt:28 (ASSERT_DEFINED)

We thought if we disable all packages the xpetra should also be disabled.
Can someone please help us with the build problem,
Thank you for your help in advance and best regards
Niklas