[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Anasazi solver with ML preconditioner won't converge

Andris Freimanis andris.freimanis_1 at edu.rtu.lv
Fri Feb 3 10:49:37 EST 2017

Heidi,

yes, I used those two matrices only as a test. Actual matrices will be
real SPD and much larger. An example of a small problem would be two
37'500x37'500 size matrices, K with 7'916'526 elements and M with 37'500
elements. I don't know if it helps, but I attached structure plots.

LOBPCG does seem like a better choice, as matrices will be large and
I'll only need few (20-30 max) smallest eigenpairs. I rewrote my code
and tried running it for 1 eigenpair with the same 48x48 matrices,
LOBPCG also doesn't converge. I attached output and main.cpp file. Could
this be because matrices are too small for this method?

--
Andris Freimanis
PhD student

Riga Technical university