[Trilinos-Users] epetra_crsmatrix_upper_triangular

Blahos, Jiri j.blahos at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Dec 15 10:50:41 EST 2017

Hello,

I'm a new user to Trilinos, and I've encountered the following problem that I was not able to

solve using google or the Trilinos documentations.

I've attached a simple code file  (attched) which demonstrates my problem. I'm creating a simple 5x5 matrix with a specific structure, using an Epetra_CrsMatrix. My problem is that when I run this code with mpirun and print the matrix, the matrix is claimed to be an upper triangular, while clearly it is not. On the other hand, without mpi the upper triangular statement is not there (as expected).

It's not a big issue on it's own because the matrix*vector multiplication still works fine.

However, I've encountered this problem in a more complex application, which is not working properly exactly in those situations when this problem occurs.

Anyone has any idea, or at least can guide me where/who to ask about this?

Notes: I'm on Ubuntu 16.04, 64 bit, using OpenMPI, the configuration file used to build Trilinos

is attached.

Best regards,

Jiří Blahoš