[Trilinos-Users] Attempt to access inaccessible memory in Kokkos

Ashesh Chattopadhyay ashesh6810 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 21:49:55 EDT 2017

Dear All,
I have been trying to use simple functors to write kokkos code for a dot
product of two vectors. I have been getting this runtime error

*:0: : block: [0,0,0], thread: [0,0,0] Assertion `Kokkos::View ERROR:
attempt to access inaccessible memory space` failed.*
the code is:
#include<Kokkos_Core.hpp>
#include<cstdio>

typedef Kokkos::CudaSpace memspace;

typedef Kokkos::View<double*,memspace> view_vectype;

struct fill_vec{
view_vectype::HostMirror b;

  fill_vec(view_vectype::HostMirror b_) : b(b_){}

 KOKKOS_INLINE_FUNCTION
  void operator()(int i) const{

b(i)=i;
}

};

int main(int argc,char* argv[])
{
int N=1024;
Kokkos::initialize(argc,argv);

view_vectype devA("devA",N);
view_vectype devB("devB",N);
view_vectype::HostMirror A=Kokkos::create_mirror_view(devA);
view_vectype::HostMirror B=Kokkos::create_mirror_view(devB);

Kokkos::parallel_for(N,fill_vec(A));
Kokkos::parallel_for(N,fill_vec(B));

Kokkos::deep_copy(devA,A);
Kokkos::deep_copy(devB,B);
double result=0;

Kokkos::parallel_reduce(N,KOKKOS_LAMBDA(int j, double &update){

update+=devA(j)*devB(j);
},result);

printf("result is: %d", result);

Kindly suggest where I am going wrong in defining memory spaces.

Thanks
Ashesh

--
Research Assistant, Multi-Scale Multi-Physics Computation Lab
University of Texas at El Paso