[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Makefile: Can't find .so files

Bradley, Andrew Michael ambradl at sandia.gov
Sun Sep 4 16:30:09 EDT 2016

Hi Simon,

I'm taking a wild guess here. I suspect that for some reason (possibly a bug in the build system?), Trilinos_LIBRARY_DIRS and Trilinos_INCLUDE_DIRS are coming out as having relative, rather than absolute, paths, and these relative paths have nothing to do with your app's location.

As a kludge, try modifying the Makefile like this:

# Add these two extra lines ...
Trilinos_LIBRARY_DIRS="-L$(MYAPP_TRILINOS_DIR)/lib"
Trilinos_INCLUDE_DIRS="-I$(MYAPP_TRILINOS_DIR)/include"
# ... before reaching here.
INCLUDE_DIRS=$(Trilinos_INCLUDE_DIRS) $(Trilinos_TPL_INCLUDE_DIRS)
LIBRARY_DIRS=$(Trilinos_LIBRARY_DIRS) $(Trilinos_TPL_LIBRARY_DIRS)
LIBRARIES=$(Trilinos_LIBRARIES) $(Trilinos_TPL_LIBRARIES)

Here I've assumed MYAPP_TRILINOS_DIR is an installation containing lib/ and include/ directories.

Let us know if this fixes your app's build. Whether or not it does, would you send us the full output of the make command so that we can examine the print_info target's output?

Cheers,

Andrew