[Trilinos-Users] Is it possible to implement blockLanczos through anasazi?

Alicia Klinvex aklinvex at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 00:17:06 EDT 2016

Hello Sunghwan,

They are certainly very similar.  Here is a paper about BKS:
http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~saad/PDF/umsi-2004-215.pdf  I have also copied
Heidi Thornquist and Rich Lehoucq on this message, both of whom have done a
lot of work with Arnoldi/Lanczos/BKS.

If you absolutely need Lanczos and BKS just won't do, you can certainly
implement Lanczos yourself...but I wouldn't worry about doing so in the
Anasazi interface.  You can use the Trilinos datatypes and routines to
implement Lanczos without trying to implement a new Anasazi solver
manager.  If you have any specific questions about how to do this, I'd be
happy to answer them.

I don't know which Lanczos library you're trying to evaluate, but I believe
there's a Lanczos implementation in SLEPc if that helps:
http://slepc.upv.es/

Best wishes,
Alicia