[Trilinos-Users] Belos Comparison

Pate Motter Pate.Motter at Colorado.EDU
Wed Nov 30 16:05:29 EST 2016

Hi,

I am comparing trying to compare the performance of different single-vector Belos solvers and wanted to make sure that I was comparing them using the same termination criteria and as fairly as possible. I am using the default settings for each solver except for the convergence tolerance and max number of iterations. I just wanted to check that this was an appropriate way to change the parameters to create a fair comparison and that solvers like GMRES treated iteration number in the same way even with restarts.

solverParams->set("Maximum Iterations", 10000);
solverParams->set("Convergence Tolerance", 1.0e-6);

Thank you,
Pate