[Trilinos-Users] Belos domain/range requirements

Rutherford, Joseph M jmruther at illinois.edu
Fri May 27 17:26:08 EDT 2016

Trilinos support:

I've run into a problem with a privately developed abstract operator where I expected a locally replicated domain to work with a one-to-one range, assuming that after a mat-vec multiply, Belos would handle the communication to update the solution vector.  I see that Tpetra::CrsMatrix requires one-to-one mapping on domain and range Tpetra::Map instances, per https://trilinos.org/docs/dev/packages/tpetra/doc/html/Tpetra_Lesson03.html<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trilinos.org_docs_dev_packages_tpetra_doc_html_Tpetra-5FLesson03.html&d=CwMFaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=Ng9lEtA9hn_MbIhqAtV5991RoWo8JGET5un-J3-Ub7o&m=OphalHEUG8WYlgCg7FQrEcs3Dt9-bwUpD9KA7CFnj1c&s=-fpqFCS6rgXv5L775XiqJrRAAn7emD8CIlsHXj5_dm8&e=> , and wonder if Belos has any such expectations on domain and range maps for other derived Tpetra::Operators?

Joe