[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Trilinos (Tpetra) creates ridiculously large executable and .o files

Bartlett, Roscoe A rabartl at sandia.gov
Mon May 23 10:43:36 EDT 2016

Michael,

If you use explicit template instantation and shared libraries, the executable should be pretty small:

    -DTrilinos_ENABLE_EXPLICIT_INSTANTIATION=ON -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON

If you use static libs or implicit tempate instantation, you should expect huge executables.

We need to have a discussion in the Trilinos community about making these the default.  I think it would make a lot of sense if they were.

-Ross