[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] writing programmatically-built STK mesh and skin to exodus files

Sjaardema, Gregory D gdsjaar at sandia.gov
Wed Jun 29 15:02:35 EDT 2016

One method for skinning a mesh and generating a separate exodus file containing only the skin is to use the program “skinner” in packages/seacas/libraries/ioss/src/main/skinner.C.  It only handles meshes with continuum elements (hexes, tets; not beams or shells) and will create an output mesh consisting of just the skin of the model.

..Greg

--
"A supercomputer is a device for turning compute-bound problems into I/O-bound problems”