[Trilinos-Users] Building with ETI, LO=long, GO=long

Cihan Altinay c.altinay at uq.edu.au
Mon Jun 20 02:14:06 EDT 2016

Hello list,

Back in April I asked whether it's possible to use local ordinal = long
+ global ordinal = long and the answer was that Trilinos currently does
not have the settings for ETI with these types. At that point I also had
issues using LO=int when ETI was turned off.

So I bit the bullet and tried to implement this feature and succeeded
(using Tpetra, Belos, Ifpack2, and MueLu)!
My question is whether it would be worth contributing the required
changes back to Trilinos at all? They are mainly CMake-related changes
but there were a few issues where the compiler couldn't infer the
correct type for constants (in MueLu) so I had to const_cast, and I had
to hardcode LAPACK instances to use LO type=int since lapack is not
compatible with 64-bit indices (also MueLu).

Cheers,
Cihan