[Trilinos-Users] Is User defined Direct Diagonalization possible in Anasazi?

SungHwan Choi sunghwanchoi91 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 03:39:16 EDT 2016

Dear Anasazi Developers,
Hi, I am active user of Anasazi library. Anasazi can adopt a user-defined
data structure for matrix and vector. We can used other optimized
matrix-vector operation instead of Epetra or some other given operation. I
think that is the most powerful feature of Anasazi. Thus, I and my colleges
developed our own data structure to optimize Anasazi.  However, as far as I
know, direct diagonalization cannot be replaced to a user-defined method.
Am I correct? Since in our cases, direct diagonalization is a main
bottleneck.

We checked Utils::directSolver is one of the routine to do direct
diagonalization. However, there is no way to change this routine without
changing the source code. If each solver managers adopt not only matrix
vector multiplications but also a direct diagonalization method, anasazi
can be much flexibly tuned by users.

Do you have some plans to do it? otherwise, is it possible to participate
to develop it?

Sincerely,
Sunghwan Choi