[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Packages don't process MPI_BASE_DIR

Bartlett, Roscoe A rabartl at sandia.gov
Thu Jun 2 10:31:49 EDT 2016

Robert,

The MPI compiler wrappers should be automatically be adding the -I include directories to find 'mpi.h'.  Otherwise, if you really need to hack the system, you might be able to use something like:

  -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="-I $MPI_BASE_DIR/include"

(assuming you have MPI_BASE_DIR set in your env, otherwise use the full path) in your configure of Trilinos on this machine.

If that does not work, then please let me know and we can find a way to get that include directory on the compile lines without having to modify any of the Trilinos CMakeListst.txt files.  (CMake would not be much of a build tool if you could not get it to add -I to the compile commands without having to modify the CMakeListstxt files directly.)

I don't think that we can add "${MPI_BASE_DIR}/include" to the CMakeLists.txt files in Trilinos because I don't think that is 100% portable.

-Ross

Dr. Roscoe A. Bartlett, PhD
Sandia National Laboratories
Trilinos Software Engineering and Integration Technologies Lead
Consortium for the Advanced Simulation of Light Water Reactors (CASL) Physics Integration Infrastructure Lead