[Trilinos-Users] Packages don't process MPI_BASE_DIR

Robert Sawko RSawko at uk.ibm.com
Thu Jun 2 10:04:09 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am compiling Trilinos on a new machine which has very minimal software
installation so I am coming up with strange errors which may or may
not be useful in improving cmake config. For a while I could not
compile Teuchos as TeuchosTime.cpp kept requesting mpi.h despite
-DMPI_BASE_DIR pointing to a correct directory. mpi.h was not in the
standard /usr/include too.

I added include_directories("${MPI_BASE_DIR}/include") to CMakeLists.txt
in teuchose/core/src. I suppose there's either a better way to deal with
this within Trilinos cmake setup? Setting -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-I ..."
could also solve it. But it seems to me that there's something strange
about cmake config namely that the MPI_BASE_DIR variable is handled only
in a handful of packages: intrepid and phalanx.

Kind Regards,
Robert
--
Dr Robert Sawko