[Trilinos-Users] Amesos2: SuperLU_Dist

Juha, Mario Jesus juham at rpi.edu
Wed Jun 1 03:07:01 EDT 2016

Reporting a possible bug in Amesos2_Superludist_def.hpp:

When using SuperLU_dist 5.0.0 with Amesos2, the function getValidParamers_impl() is throwing an exception in line:

pl->set("npcol", data_.grid.npcol, "Number of columns in the processor grid. "
              "Must be set with nprow", col_row_validator);

The problem is that “data_.grid.npcol” is equal to zero always! This value must be set up in this line of the superlu_dist constructor solver:

SLUD::superlu_gridinit(data_.mat_comm, nprow, npcol, &(data_.grid));

Previous function is part of the SuperLU_dist library. Using a debugger shows that npcol and nprow are set up correctly inside the previous function, but when leaving the function, then, “data_.grid.npcol” is assigned the value of zero.

Any idea of how to fix it?

Cordially,

Mario J. Juha