[Trilinos-Users] Ifpack2: GlobalMPISession Error

V M Krushnarao Kotteda kvmkrao at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 22:02:38 EDT 2016

Hi,

I initialized MPI in my program and calling a program (Test.cpp)
in the following directory to solve the linear system of equations:

src/packages/ifpack2/test/belos/AdditiveSchwarzRILUK

I am able to compile my program with Ifpack2 test program.
However, I got GlobalMPISession Error when I ran the executable using the
following command:

mpirun -np 2 ./example

I am new to Trilinos and could you please tell me how to fix this error.

*>> Modified Test.cpp program callled from my program  *

#include <Teuchos_GlobalMPISession.hpp>
#include <Teuchos_oblackholestream.hpp>
#include <Tpetra_DefaultPlatform.hpp>
#include <Tpetra_Version.hpp>
#include "Solve.hpp"

int* ifpack2(double** Ao, double* bo, double* x_vec ,int rows)
  {

  typedef Ifpack2::Test::ST ST;
  typedef Tpetra::Vector<>::local_ordinal_type local_ordinal_type;
  typedef Tpetra::Vector<>::global_ordinal_type global_ordinal_type;
  typedef Ifpack2::Test::GO GO;
  typedef Ifpack2::Test::STS STS;
  typedef Ifpack2::Test::map_type map_type;
  typedef Ifpack2::Test::multivector_type multivector_type;
  typedef Ifpack2::Test::sparse_mat_type sparse_mat_type;

  using Tpetra::global_size_t;
  using Teuchos::Array;
  using Teuchos::ArrayView;
  using Teuchos::ArrayRCP;
  using Teuchos::arcp;
  using Teuchos::RCP;
  using Teuchos::rcp;
  using Teuchos::tuple;
  using std::cerr;

   Teuchos::oblackholestream blackHole;
//Teuchos::GlobalMPISession mpiSession (&argc, &argv, &blackHole);
  Teuchos::GlobalMPISession mpiSession (NULL, NULL, NULL);
  RCP<const Teuchos::Comm<int> > comm =
    Tpetra::DefaultPlatform::getDefaultPlatform ().getComm ();
  const int myRank = comm->getRank ();
  const int numProcs = comm->getSize ();

   std::ostream &out = std::cout;

  // The number of rows and columns in the matrix.
  const global_size_t numGlobalElements = 12;

}

*Error: *
 rank           0
GlobalMPISession(): Error, MPI_Intialized() return true, calling
std::terminate()!
 rank           1
GlobalMPISession(): Error, MPI_Intialized() return true, calling
std::terminate()!
terminate called without an active exception

Program received signal SIGABRT: Process abort signal.

Backtrace for this error:

#0  0x7ff405c53f07 in ???
#1  0x7ff405c5314d in ???
#8  0x10fd097 in _ZN7Teuchos16GlobalMPISessionC2EPiPPPcPSo
    at
/home/muralik/soft/tri12p6/packages/teuchos/core/src/Teuchos_GlobalMPISession.cpp:86
#8  0x10fd097 in _ZN7Teuchos16GlobalMPISessionC2EPiPPPcPSo
    at
/home/muralik/soft/tri12p6/packages/teuchos/core/src/Teuchos_GlobalMPISession.cpp:86

Thank you.

Best regards,
V M Krushnarao Kotteda