[Trilinos-Users] Aztec memory problem

Chris Jackson chris.jackson at mayahtt.com
Thu Jul 7 10:14:37 EDT 2016

Hi all, we found a problem in AZ_manage_memory.  This function takes an unsigned int in argument for the size of memory we want to allocate. The first thing  it does  is to cast this value to a long int, then it does some arithmetic on this value.  After, it calls AZ_allocate (malloc in disguise) by casting the long int size to unsigned int and tries to access the long int size index in the allocated array.  When we ask for 3GB of ram we get a negative index.

Modifying it to use a 64 bit type means going through 1181 calls to this function and modify all memory size arithmetic to be done with the same type.

Suggestions?  Comments?

Thanks

Chris Jackson