[Trilinos-Users] AztecOO restarted gmres

Heroux, Michael A maherou at sandia.gov
Fri Jan 29 15:13:32 EST 2016

Danielle,

If I understand your question correction, we don't have a way to directly control the number of restarts.  A restart occurs after AZ_option[AZ_kspace] iterations.  The number of restarts is a function of this parameter and the number of iteration you require in order to reach convergence.  For example, if you set AZ_option[AZ_kspace] = 30 and took 100 iterations to reach convergence, you would restart 3 times (after 30, 60 and 90 iterations).

Does this make sense?

Mike