[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Re: decomp tool Error

Sai P Uppati uppatis at utexas.edu
Thu Feb 18 12:03:01 EST 2016

Hi Greg,

An example mesh I'm trying to decompose contains 178320 elements, 189405
nodes and 1 block. I tried decomposing for 4, 6 and 8 processors. I haven't
had problems with previous Trilinos versions I was using before. I think it
was only since I rebased to the official version hosted on the GitHub page.

Anyways, getopt I was able to fix with John Foster's help. I just installed
a gnu-getopt version from Homebrew and modified the PATH variable to look
for it first before looking in /usr/bin.

Coming to Netcdf, I followed the instructions exactly as they stated in the
following page: https://peridigm.sandia.gov/content/netcdf. So, I disabled
netcdf-4 and dap, and installed it using the changed numbers in netcdf.h
file as well. All the tests passed when I did 'make check'. So I didn't
think there were any issues with the netcdf installation. Doing it this
way, however, there was no referencing the HDF5 build I did in the previous
step. Even the in summary of netcdf configuation, the HDF5 support seems to
off. I left HDF5 installed though because I saw that it maybe needed for
the SEACAS package in Trilinos.

But as I mentioned before, I didn't have issues like this with previous
Trilinos versions (I also didn't follow the netcdf instructions given at
the webpage before, I just installed whatever was default from unidata).
Perhaps, the instructions on the page are not completely correct?

Sorry for the long email, but those are all the details.

Sai

ᐧ