[Trilinos-Users] Epetra / Ifpack (Trilinos-12.2.1)

Heroux, Mike MHeroux at CSBSJU.EDU
Sat Dec 17 10:14:50 EST 2016

Roland,

Given that the code seems to work and then fail, could there be a memory error?  If you haven’t run the code through valgrind, or a similar memory checker, it would probably be worth trying.

Mike

From: Trilinos-Users <trilinos-users-bounces at trilinos.org> on behalf of Roland Rivard <roland.rivard.1 at ulaval.ca>
Date: Friday, December 16, 2016 at 7:14 AM
To: Trilinos Users <trilinos-users at trilinos.org>
Subject: [Trilinos-Users] Epetra / Ifpack (Trilinos-12.2.1)

Hi all,

    I’m facing an issue with Epetra. I have a crs matrix (build using Epetra_CrsGraph) for which
Ifpack_IlukGraph::ConstructOverlapGraph fails badly i.e. and unhandled exception when using 2 processes.

Everything is fine when using 1 or 4 proc. A small workaround showed me that when I call

Epetra_CrsGraph::FillComplete, a decision to not allocate an importer is made in Epetra_CrsGraphData::MakeImportExport.

The thing that I can’t figure out is why  when I call Ifpack_IlukGraph::ConstructOverlapGraph the fast return condition

(Ifpack_IlukGraph.cpp line 136) is not satisfied and I reach the point of using a NULL pointer (the importer one)

(Ifpack_IlukGraph.cpp line 147).

Note : It’s the first time I hit this issue and a lot of systems have been solve before this one. (This means nothing at all, but…)

If you can point me something that I can have missed, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

​Roland