[Trilinos-Users] [Trilinos-developers] [Trilinos-Framework] [EXTERNAL] Upgrade minimum CMake version from 2.8.11 to 3.3.2?

Bartlett, Roscoe A rabartl at sandia.gov
Wed Apr 27 14:00:24 EDT 2016

> How is the patched version going to be made available?

$ cd Trilinos/
$ ./cmake/tribits/devtools_install/install-cmake.py --cmake-version=3.3.2 \
   --install-dir=<install-prefix> --do-all

> Who's going to install it on all the internal HPC systems.

Don't know, but it is a one-line command (see above).

> We also had to patch cmake to make it work properly on mutrino.

What version of CMake did you have to patch?

A forced upgrade would likely not happen for a few months (if we decided it should happen).  But note that Cmake 3.6.x (which should be released in a few months) should be the speed king since Kitware doing some performance profiling work that should reverse the performance lag after the 3.3 release.  IF that is the case, I would recommend installing 3.6.1 on those systems (just a few months from now).  No patches will be needed in that version.

I am just getting the conversation started to see if such an upgrade was possible.

-Ross