[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] instantiation with long and long?

Prokopenko, Andrey (-EXP) aprokop at sandia.gov
Mon Apr 18 09:22:28 EDT 2016

Hi Cihan,

Sorry for my late reply, I've been on travel.

I don't think you'll be able to have a single installation of Trilinos to support long local ordinals. As you've seen, many external packages that you may want to use when running with int will produce compilation errors when compiling with long. As long as you make a call to some part of code that references those libraries, you'll get an error.

I don't see a way to avoid two Trilinos installations, one with ETI on, LO=int, and all TPLs enabled, and the second one with ETI=off, LO=long, and incompatible TPLs disabled. One thing that I'm wondering about if it is possible to merge the libraries from two Trilinos builds in a single one.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

-Andrey