[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] [Trilinos-Framework] Trilinos installation error on Lonestar5

Hoemmen, Mark mhoemme at sandia.gov
Sun Apr 17 04:12:16 EDT 2016

On Apr 17, 2016, at 12:14 AM, V M Krushnarao Kotteda <kvmkrao at gmail.com<mailto:kvmkrao at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi ,

In lonestar, I loaded gcc4.9 module and installed the following packages:

mpich, boost, netcdf, blas/lapack

I downloaded trilinos git version (git clone https://github.com/trilinos/Trilinos.git) and set the path of various third party libraries in the configuration file.

> cat  configuration file

cmake \
  -D Trilinos_ENABLE_CXX11=ON \

This is no longer needed, because it is ON by default.  That has nothing to do with your error, though.

[ 44%] Building C object packages/amesos/src/CMakeFiles/amesos.dir/SuiteSparse/AMD/Source/amesos_amd_aat.c.o
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-pedantic"
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-pedantic"
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-pedantic"

Would you mind searching CMakeCache.txt for -Wno-pedantic and telling us what you find? My guess is that the MPI C (not C++) compiler wrapper on your system might be adding this compiler option. In fact, on closer inspection of your Trilinos configuration, it looks like you built MPI yourself (the wrappers appear to live in your /work subdirectory).  Did you perhaps instruct MPI inadvertently to add that option? It could be that you built OpenMPI with a debug / developer option enabled (on by default if you use their code repository instead of releases?).

mfh