[Trilinos-Users] IDEAS Project xSDK documents open for comment

Heroux, Michael A maherou at sandia.gov
Thu Nov 12 15:53:24 EST 2015

Dear Trilinos Users,

The IDEAS Scientific SW Developer Productivity project is focused on specific activities intended to enhance developer productivity.  One major deliverable for the project is an Extreme-scale Scientific SW Developer Kit (xSDK), which is a collection of policies, tools and interoperability layers on top of widely used libraries.  In early 2016, we will release the first version of the xSDK, which will encompass the hypre, PETSc, SuperLU and Trilinos libraries.

Although each of these libraries will continue with their own independent development and distribution efforts, the IDEAS xSDK will provide common configure, build capabilities, the first phase of increased interoperability between the libraries, and explicit policies for expected practices across all libraries.  These enhancements should help users work more easily with all of these libraries in combination.

In preparation for the first xSDK release, we have two draft documents (package compliance standards and standard configure/CMake options) open for community comment.

These documents are available from the IDEAS Project website:  https://ideas-productivity.org/resources/xsdk-docs/

We would value your comments on these documents over the next few weeks.

For general information about the IDEAS Project, please visit the main webpage:  https://ideas-productivity.org

Thanks.